Thứ Hai, 13 tháng 5, 2019

Speak English Professionally: Group Discussion Language (agree/disagree, clarify, interrupt/take a turn, include others)

Image result for group discussion

Ways to agree:
  • Yes, I agree.
  • It looks good to me.
  • I think so, too.
  • I definitely agree.

Ways to disagree:
We want show different levels of disagreement (positive, little or very serious).

  • I'm afraid I don't agree.
  • I'm sorry, but I don't agree.
  • That's interesting. But I'd prefer something different.
  • Actually, I disagree

Ways to clarify info:
Sometimes you missed the info or you didn't really understand or didn't hear clearly... So you can ask to clarify the information.
  • Excuse me, I didn't hear that. Could you say it again?
  • Sorry, I missed what you just said. Could you repeat that please?
  • I'm sorry, could you explain that again?
  • Excuse me, could you tell me what that means?
Ways to take a turn/interrupt:
  • Excuse me. Can I say something here?
  • Could I interrupt you for a minute?
  • Sorry to interrupt, but I'd like to say something here.
 Ways to include others:
  • So what do you think?
  • Can you give me your thoughts on this?
  • Do you agree?
  • What's your opinion?

Recap:
We can mix these above languages and use it for your better group discussions.

Reference: Cousera

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét